Sunday, September 13, 2009

Obama on Health Care Bill: "I Own It"




"President says he better get a good bill passed or he'll be held responsible"

President Obama says he will “own” health care reform if a bill passes Congress, so he plans to get it done right.

In an interview set to air on CBS’ “60 Minutes” tonight, Obama indirectly acknowledges that his chances of being reelected or being able to lead will depend on success in overhauling health care, his top domestic priority.

"You know, I intend to be president for a while and once this bill passes, I own it," Obama said in the pre-taped interview. “And if people look and say, 'You know what? This hasn't reduced my costs. My premiums are still going up 25 percent, insurance companies are still jerking me around,' I'm the one who's going to be held responsible."

The president's CBS interview tops a weekend push for positive momentum on the health care debate that included messages on radio, TV and the Internet. Obama also appeared in front of 15,000 people in Minneapolis in a campaign-style event Saturday, pledging to support a controversial public option but not to force people to sign up for it.


I think socialized medicine is the wrong answer. A REAL answer is to reign in out of control costs. With the fact that we are currently at 9.7% unemployment, putting the shrinking working class, which are the middle class who receive NO entitlements, are raped by our federal and local governments.

No comments: